Turn your mind to
Have it in your mind
Wrap my mind around it
I was having my first cup of coffee, my thoughts were on my outstanding wips & sips as I was planning a huge Knitflixing day. I know I only need to weave in the ends on my Brunswick mitts and I shied away from the task..thinking “I just don’t have the right mindset” ….but what does that mean? Why don’t I? Can I get in it? Can I coax it out of whichever cupboard the thought of weaving in ends has sent it to hide? Does mindset know that the self-imposed deadline for these is end of November so therefore has stuck it’s fingers in it’s ears and is wagging it’s butt and making a fool of me? Does it know that I detest weaving in ends?
Such a dilemma, I’ll turn my mind to other things….that goals, wips & sips list from my first post in July is below, I’ll edit it with –>
1. Knit design by the months – challenge myself to get into print 6 new design- ->Nyet!
2. Knit items I have already started by the week – listed below*
3. New cast ons as they happen- huzzah for spontaneity!
4. Completed projects – celebrations ongoing 💃🏻
5. Dyeing efforts
Here’s a list of my #2 works in projects – wips, and socks in progress – sips.
WIPs: by age
1. Squares on a Roll blanket- no progress started 2016
2. 3-Colour Cashmere Cowl, designer Joji, at 80%–> 90%
3. Brunswick Fingerless mitt, (test) designer JoHt, at 50% –> 99%
4. Djamila – steeked cardigan 10% no deadline
5. Go Faster Stripes shawl -designer JoHt -30% deadline end of January
6. Aurora Polaris cowl – designer mtlaise – 60% no deadline
SIPs: by age (socks in progress)
1. Amber for the Tree Speaker, designer Heidi Nick, (test) – 50% –> FROGGED
2. Three Twenty One, designer Cait Bellon, 50% –> FO
3. TAAT Vanillas- cuffs done –> became Monkeys -FO
4. Vanilla Latte – Kroy charcoal, 2.50mm needles, 64 stitches
5. Kinfolk Castle Leoch..I haven’t made up my mind…which pattern but Bamboo Forest by Adrienne Fong/ bellybuttonknits is winning, 2.25mm
6. Cascade Heritage in real red for the December challenges, no pattern decision, I’ve just caked it.
I need a category for just FO’s….hmmm I can’t turn my mind to the format right now (oh look I have it as #4 above) now I have it in my mind
What I have learned is that I’m a relatively focused and monogamous knitter. I have finally wrapped my mind around it. I’ve also rubbed elbows a lot lately in a purely online way with knitters who claim 35-50 wips – this is not me, and it feels good to know that over the 7 years I’ve stayed with this craft that I’ve settled into this diversity and it’s remained constant.
I like a minimum of three pair of socks – vanilla, lace, & a DIY design on the go, a shawl or scarf, a hat or cowl, a sweater, and my sock-yarn remnant blanket. The different size needles, the various weights, the simplicity or complexity of pattern, and glorious colours all add to my enjoyment of my craft.
So to turn my mind to wrapping this up and getting knitting going I’ll hit save draft. No photos this week, I’m sure next week will be back to riotous photo bombs
If you’d like to read what other Year of Projects bloggers are doing, you can join us over in Ravelry at https://www.ravelry.com/discuss/a-year-of-projects/topics